What do we all love? Pizza. How quickly do we want to make it, quick enough!
Chicken Avocado and Ranch Flatbread
So with flatbreads, the one thing I realized is how organic it comes out looking when you make your own. I have a piece of Florida in mine and its kind of heartwarming – although protip, use a circular pan if you don’t want it to come out abnormally-shaped – but I think it’s kind of cute. It kind of reminds me that not everything you make at home will be perfectly shaped, despite it being perfectly delicious.
I did also make a triple cheese pesto flatbread so if you’re in a homebody mood and you want to feed your soul with artisanal pizza – check it out here!
This recipe is truly so refreshing and filling. The ranch adds a coolness to the hot fresh out of the oven chicken, and the avocado balances out the textures and kicks of all the ingredients in this dish. Truthfully I’m just a homebody and I’m so happy to not have to even think about ordering and waiting for a pizza ever again.
Another thing I like about this avocado chicken flatbread is how customizable it can be! You’re just adding toppings essentially so if you’re not a tomato fan? Out with it! Want loaded chicken? Pile it on.
Whatever you want, this is your pizza. We’re just living in it.
Tips for this dish!
- You see that little Florida looking bump in mine? Turns out that I ONLY had a rectangular baking sheet which kind of made me have to squeeze my dough together, so I definitely recommend a circular baking sheet.
Avocado Chicken and Ranch Flatbread Pizza Recipe
- FOR THE FLATBREAD DOUGH:
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 tsp active dry yeast
- ½ tsp granulated sugar
- ½ tsp table salt
- 1/2 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp oil (canola or olive oil)
- FOR THE CHICKEN:
- 1 chicken breast
- ¼ tsp ground paprika
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- ½ tsp lemon pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, sauteing
- FOR TOPPINGS:
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Colby Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup tomatoes, cubed
- 1/2 avocado, cubed
- Ranch, drizzle to taste
Preparing the Dough
- Combine the warm water, oil, salt, sugar, and yeast in a bowl. Whisk to combine and allow the yeast to activate.
- Add the flour and mix until well incorporated.
- Cover the dough and allow to rise for one hour.
- Prepare a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Roll out the dough to about 8"x12” in size, and if desired, you can roll it out thinner.
- With a fork, poke holes in the dough and bake at 375°F for 12 minutes.
- Melt 2 Tbsp butter and mix with garlic powder and parsley. Brush over flatbread.
Preparing the Pizza
- In a bowl, combine ingredients for the seasoning, and spread through both sides of the chicken.
- Over high heat, heat 1 Tbsp oil in a skillet and sear chicken 2 minutes per side.
- With low heat, cover the skillet with the lid and cook another 5-6 minutes, until chicken is tender and cooked.
- Once cooled, cube chicken breast into small bite-sized pieces.
- In a bowl, combine all of the cheeses. When flatbread is done baking, top flatbread with the cheese mixture.
- Now add the chicken, then tomato.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes in the oven at 350 degrees.
- Add toppings of avocado and cilantro, and lastly, drizzle the top with ranch.
Some items I recommend to make this recipe easier:
Pin for later!